We had so much fun ringing in the new year with all of our residents! We hope you’ll continue to stop by the office for events and to grab some cookies and coffee daily.
- Don’t forget: We always have our emergency on-call service. If there’s an emergency, such as a leak, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage, please call the office, which will transfer you to our answering service, and our maintenance team will come out as quickly as they can!
- Help us keep our community beautiful! Please refrain from leaving trash in the breezeways and/or parking lots, and from throwing trash off your balcony. There is a compactor at the front of the community for all trash to be disposed of properly. Any bag(s) found are subject to a $25 fine per bag.
- To submit a service request for a non-emergency, please log in to your resident portal via our website, livethealden.com.
Reminders & Updates
Attention all residents: You should have received your parking decal and gate access card. If you have not, please stop by the office to get yours today!
Remember that the beginning portion of your address is based on your building, followed by your apartment number, then Birmingham, AL 35209. Building addresses are as follows:
- Building 1: 510 Palisades Drive
- Building 2: 520 Palisades Drive
- Building 3: 530 Palisades Drive
- Building 4: 540 Palisades Drive
- Building 5: 550 Palisades Drive
- Building 6: 560 Palisades Drive
- Building 7: 580 Palisades Drive
- Building 8: 570 Palisades Drive
For example, if you live in building 3, apartment 201A, your address is 530 Palisades Drive, Apt. 201A, Birmingham, AL 35209.
Make sure your pet has the approved Alden dog tag by registering your fur baby in the office.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Speaking of career success, did you know that as a resident of a Campus Advantage property you have FREE access to our exclusive Career Success Portal? Browse millions of jobs, including over 500,000 unique job postings, build your resume, practice your interviewing skills, and much more. To access the Career Success Portal, visit your resident portal and look for the sign-up link!
While we want all of our fantastic residents to enjoy our events, we do have a limit. All events will be on a first-come, first-served basis, whether it’s a first to show up or first to sign up. We hope to see you there!
Mardi Gras Party — Tuesday, February 13 @ 6 p.m. — Bring your Mardi Gras spirit to the office to enjoy festive food, drinks, and music!
Be Our Valentine — Wednesday, February 14 — Be on the lookout for a Valentine’s gift from us at your door!
Speed Networking — Wednesday, February 21 @ 8:30 a.m. — Stop by the clubhouse to meet our guest speaker! The guest speaker will be giving networking advice, such as how to properly make a resume and what businesses are looking for in a future employee.
Sports Movie Night — Saturday, February 24 @ 6 p.m. — Meet us at the clubhouse to enjoy a screening of Coach Carter. We’ll have pizza, drinks, and other movie snacks for you to enjoy. You can even come in your PJs!