Renew your lease today and save! Come see us in the office, grab a cookie, enjoy some coffee, and renew your lease.
- Help us keep our community beautiful! Please refrain from leaving trash in the breezeways and/or parking lots, and from throwing trash off your balcony. There is a compactor at the front of the community for all trash to be disposed of properly. Any bag(s) found are subject to a $25 fine per bag.
- With the holidays coming up, please be sure to close all blinds, lock all doors, and lock all windows when leaving your apartment for any amount of time.
- Don’t forget: We always have our emergency on-call service. If there’s an emergency, such as a leak, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage, please call the office, which will transfer you to our answering service, and our maintenance team will come out as quickly as they can!
- For non-emergency maintenance requests, you can submit via your resident portal at https://livethealden.com/residents/.
Reminders & Updates
Remember that the beginning portion of your address is based on your building, followed by your apartment number, then Birmingham, AL 35209. Building addresses are as follows:
- Building 1: 510 Palisades Drive
- Building 2: 520 Palisades Drive
- Building 3: 530 Palisades Drive
- Building 4: 540 Palisades Drive
- Building 5: 550 Palisades Drive
- Building 6: 560 Palisades Drive
- Building 7: 580 Palisades Drive
- Building 8: 570 Palisades Drive
For example, if you live in building 3, apartment 201A, your address is 530 Palisades Drive, Apt. 201A, Birmingham, AL 35209.
Make sure your pet has the approved Alden dog tag by registering your fur baby in the office.
Love where you live — don’t worry about the hassle of moving and all of those hefty moving costs! Renew your lease today and live at The Alden for another year.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
While we want all of our amazing residents to enjoy our events, we do have a limit, and all events will be on a first-come, first-served basis, whether it’s a first to show up or first to sign up. We hope to see you there!
DIY Ornaments and Santa Hats — Friday, December 1 @ 3 p.m. — Bring your creativity, and show up and show out! All supplies will be provided. Reminder: Sign-ups for this event ended on November 16.
Midnight Study Sesh — December 4–7 and 11–14 from 10 p.m.–2 a.m. — Stop by the gym for a late-night pick-me-up! Coolers will be stocked with snacks and energy drinks.
PJs & Pancakes — Thursday, December 7 @ 6:30 p.m. — Come on down in your PJs! We’ll have pancakes and toppings waiting for you, along with a movie if you would like to eat with us, or you can grab and go.
Hot Cocoa Bar — Wednesday, December 13 @ 8:30 a.m. — Stop by the office before your exams to enjoy a hot chocolate bar filled with all the fixings, like candy canes and whipped cream!
DIY Snowman — Monday, December 18 @ 4:30 p.m. — Bring your creativity A game to the office and make your very own sock snowman!
Santa’s Workshop — December 7, 14, and 21 from 2–4 p.m. — Bring your gifts to the office — and don’t forget to tell us who they are to and from — and we’ll wrap them for you!