Renew your lease today and save! Come see us in the office, grab a cookie, enjoy some coffee, and bring in the new year with us.
- Help us keep our community beautiful! Please refrain from leaving trash in the breezeways and/or parking lots, and from throwing trash off your balcony. There is a compactor at the front of the community for all trash to be disposed of properly. Any bag(s) found are subject to a $25 fine per bag.
- Please make sure to close all blinds, lock all doors, and lock all windows when leaving your apartment for any amount of time.
- Don’t forget: We always have our emergency on-call service. If there’s an emergency, such as a leak, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage, please call the office, which will transfer you to our answering service, and our maintenance team will come out as quickly as they can!
- For non-emergency maintenance requests, you can submit via your resident portal at https://livethealden.com/residents/.
Reminders & Updates
Attention all residents: Remember that the beginning portion of your address is based on your building, followed by your apartment number, then Birmingham, AL 35209. Building addresses are as follows:
- Building 1: 510 Palisades Drive
- Building 2: 520 Palisades Drive
- Building 3: 530 Palisades Drive
- Building 4: 540 Palisades Drive
- Building 5: 550 Palisades Drive
- Building 6: 560 Palisades Drive
- Building 7: 580 Palisades Drive
- Building 8: 570 Palisades Drive
For example, if you live in building 3, apartment 201A, your address is 530 Palisades Drive, Apt. 201A, Birmingham, AL 35209.
Make sure your pet has the approved Alden dog tag by registering your fur baby in the office.
Love where you live — don’t worry about the hassle of moving and all of those hefty moving costs! Renew your lease today and live at The Alden for another year.
Written by Megan McCollum
You’ve conquered your final exams, spent time with family, and brought in the new year with friends. But now what? How do you ensure that you’ll be at the top of your game with a new course load when you’re so used to relaxing at home?
Here’s a hint: Start now. Buy your books, find your classrooms, spend some time cleaning your room and clearing your desk.
As the fall semester probably taught you, college flies by. There’s no time to slowly ease back into it — take a deep breath, prepare your mind, and dive in. Don’t just take it day by day; create a study schedule, make some friends and form a study group, and talk to your advisor and get to know them.
There are thousands of resources at your fingertips just waiting to be used. For example, places to study. Trying to focus in your bedroom with your roommates around and electronics everywhere is hard, so take advantage of your property’s clubhouses and study rooms, as well as places on campus.
Once you’ve found your perfect study place, it’s time to use the resources available to you. College students today rely on technology for almost everything, from textbooks to full online courses and online study materials. There are even some apps that can be used to help you study, such as iTunes U and Brainscape. If you aren’t using your cell phone to study, turn it off — social media will be there when you’re done, but your professor won’t wait around for you to learn.
If you find yourself procrastinating, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why this assignment is important. Don’t ask why you don’t want to do it; ask yourself what you will benefit from it. Ask yourself what you can learn, and why it’s meaningful.
Reward yourself with something you can truly withhold from yourself if you don’t complete the task. Offering yourself candy or saying you won’t go to that show if you don’t write your paper isn’t meaningful enough to motivate you. Find something you truly want, and when you reward yourself, notice how it feels.
Don’t settle for less. Don’t wait for things to just work out. Start now.
While we want all of our amazing residents to enjoy our events, we do have a limit, and all events will be on a first-come, first-served basis, whether it’s a first to show up or first to sign up. We hope to see you there!
Room Décor Contest — January 1–22 — Snap a pic of your decked-out living room or bedroom and upload it to Instagram (don’t forget to tag us @livethealden)! There will be two winners: one with the most likes (so tell all your friends to add us and like the picture) AND the staff favorite!
Grilled Cheese & Soup — Sunday, January 14 @ noon — Stop by the office to enjoy grilled cheeses and hot soup, along with a movie on the big screen with us!
Yappy Hour — Saturday, January 27 @ 2 p.m. — We like to spoil more than just our human residents. Bring your furry friend down to the clubhouse so they can enjoy our delicious treat bar!