Renew your lease today and save! Come see us in the office, grab a cookie, and renew your lease.
Help us keep our community beautiful! Please refrain from leaving trash in the breezeways and/or parking lots. There is a dumpster at the front of the community for all trash to be disposed of properly.
Don’t forget: We always have emergency on-call service. If there’s an emergency, such as a leak, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage, please call the office, which will transfer you to our answering service, and maintenance will come out as quickly as they can!
For non-emergency maintenance requests, you can submit via your resident portal at https://livethealden.com/residents/.
Reminders & Updates
Remember that the beginning portion of your address is based on your building, followed by your apartment number, then Birmingham, AL 35209. Building addresses are as follows:
- Building 1: 510 Palisades Drive
- Building 2: 520 Palisades Drive
- Building 3: 530 Palisades Drive
- Building 4: 540 Palisades Drive
- Building 5: 550 Palisades Drive
- Building 6: 560 Palisades Drive
- Building 7: 580 Palisades Drive
- Building 8: 570 Palisades Drive
For example, if you live in Build 3, apartment 201A, your address is 530 Palisades Drive, Apt. 201A, Birmingham, AL 35209.
Make sure your pet has the approved Alden dog tag by registering your fur baby in the office.
Love where you live — don’t worry about the hassle of moving and all of those hefty moving costs! Renew your lease today and live at The Alden for another year.
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
While we want all of our amazing residents to enjoy our events, we do have a limit, and all events are on a first-come, first-served basis, whether it’s first to show up or first to sign up. We hope to see you there!
But First, Give Back — November 1–19 — Help us collect for those in need by bringing in non-perishable food!
Scary Movie Screening — Friday, November 10 @ 8 p.m. — Come on down in your PJs and join us for popcorn, s’mores, and a scary movie Friday night!
Top Ramen Chef — Saturday, November 18 @ 1 p.m. — Bring your taste buds and join us in the office and vote for the best chef during this challenge between staff members!
Tie-Dye to Die For — Tuesday, November 21 @ 4 p.m. — Bring your creativity, and show up and show out! All supplies will be provided. Sign up in the office to give your shirt size by November 16.
Sunday Fun Day — Sunday, November 26 @ 4 p.m. — Join us in the office and battle for the game day champion title! Board games, trivia, snacks, and more will be waiting for you!