Get ready for some AMAZING events this month! We hope you enjoy your spring break, as well. Don’t forget to tag us using #livethealden!
- Please refrain from putting items down your garbage disposal that can potentially damage your garbage disposal and other plumbing. Items to not put in your garbage disposal include green foods; pasta and other foods that can stick and/or be considered sticky; and spoons and/or other kitchen items that aren’t food.
- Help us keep our community beautiful! Please refrain from leaving trash in the breezeways and/or parking lots, and from throwing trash off your balcony.
- Don’t forget: We always have our emergency on-call service. If there’s an emergency, such as a leak, an overflowing toilet, or a power outage, please call the office, which will transfer you to our answering service, and our maintenance team will come out as quickly as they can!
- If you experience an issue in your apartment that may lead to expensive damage to your unit, please inform someone on our team in addition to submitting a service request. Per your lease, if damages caused by malfunctions such as leaks are not called in to our team before major damages are caused, you could be held responsible financially to resolve and repair said damages.
- To submit a service request for a non-emergency, please log in to your resident portal at livethealden.com/residents.
Reminders & Updates
Be sure to stop by the leasing office to pick up your new gate key and four-digit guest code.
Remember that your address is based on your building, followed by your apartment number, then Birmingham, AL 35209. For example, if you live in building 3, apartment 201A, your address is 530 Palisades Drive, Apt. 201A, Birmingham, AL 35209.
Make sure your pet has the approved Alden dog tag by registering your fur baby in the office.
Love where you live! Don’t worry about the hassle of moving and all of those hefty moving costs. Renew your lease today and #LiveTheAlden for another year!
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
While we want all of our amazing residents to enjoy our events, we do have a limit. All events are on a first-come, first-served basis, whether it’s a first to show up or first to sign up. We hope to see you there!
Taco Tuesday — Tuesday, March 6 @ 5:30 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and build your own taco with us! Create your masterpiece, then enjoy it in great company!
Green Screen Movie Premiere — Saturday, March 17 @ 6 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for a very green day filled with popcorn, punch, and Avatar, a movie made using a green screen!
Alden Egg Hunt — Thursday, March 22 @ 2 p.m. — Hurry and find the most eggs around the community. Whoever finds the most eggs wins a prize!
Planters for Spring — Friday, March 30 @ 5 p.m. — Bloom into spring by meeting us by the tennis courts to plant flowers in a pot for your balcony! Everything will be provided for you!